The QBank connector for Wordpress allows content editors to easily access and publish approved asset without leaving the authoring environment, while delivering the assets in a web optimized format. In addition, QBank automatically keeps track of which assets are in use when published through the connector.
Installing the connector
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/qbank-dam-connectordirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->QBank Connector to configure the plugin
Configuring the plugin settings
To get started using the plugin you will need your client specific connection details, which will be provided when you license the plugin.
|Deployment Site ID||(provided-by-QBank)|
|Session source ID||(provided-by-QBank)|
|Disable file uploads|
|Download imported files|
|Remote URL file prefix|
|Default image size||1000|
|Default image extension|
|Image caption name||System property name|
|Image description name||System property name|
|Save additional meta fields||Comma separated field names|
Using the connector
- Go to the page you wish to edit (under “pages” in the sidebar meny).
- To add an image, click . A window will pop up and you will be on the tab “insert media”. Here you can see all the images already uploaded to wordpress.
- Click on to see all the Qbank images. WARNING, the page may take some time to load
- Here you will see all the Qbank images. Select your image by double clicking on it, or hovering over the “+”-sign and select “view”.
- Now you will see the image and all its details. You can also choose to crop the image.
- Click on to upload the image to wordpress. WARNING, it may take some time for the image to transfer. Please wait at least 5 seconds.
- Go back to the “insert media” tab and select your image by clicking on it. To insert the image into the page please click .
How to apply a “Featured image”
- Click on “Set featured image” located in the right column in the editor.
- Click on “QBank Connector” in the menu and select the image you want to upload by either double clicking on it or hovering over the “+”-sign and selecting “view”.
- Click on “use image” and wait at least 5 seconds.
- Click on “Media Library”. Your image should be visible there now.
- Select the image by clicking on it and click on “Set featured image” to insert it
You have now set your Featured image!