The QBank connector for Wordpress allows content editors to easily access and publish approved asset without leaving the authoring environment, while delivering the assets in a web optimized format. In addition, QBank automatically keeps track of which assets are in use when published through the connector.
Installing the connector
- Download the Plugin from https://wordpress.org/plugins/qbank-dam-connector/.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/qbank-dam-connectordirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
- Use the Settings->QBank Connector to configure the plugin.
Configuring the plugin settings
To get started using the plugin you will need your client specific connection details, which will be provided when you license the plugin.
|Deployment Site ID||(provided-by-QBank)|
|Session source ID||(provided-by-QBank)|
|Disable file uploads|
|Download imported files|
|Remote URL file prefix||(external URL)|
|Default image size||1000|
|Default image extension|
|Image caption name||QBank property System name|
|Image description name||QBank property System name|
|Save additional meta fields||Comma separated field names|
Using the connector
- Go to the page you wish to edit (under “pages” in the sidebar meny).
- To add an image, click the '+' sign to add an 'Image' or 'Gallery' Block. In case of Image block, the following three option is provided to choose the image from.
- Click on the Media Library. Here you can see all the images already uploaded to wordpress.
- Click on the QBank Connector Tab to see all the Qbank images. WARNING, the page may take few seconds to load.
- Here you will see all the Qbank images. Select your image by double clicking on it, or hovering over the “+”-sign and select “view”.
- Now you will see the image and all its details. You can also choose to crop the image.
- Click on to import the image to wordpress.
- Go back to the “Media Library” tab and select your image by clicking on it. To insert the image into the page please select the image and click . WARNING: The Wordpress Media Library doesn't refresh automatically so if you don't see the image, please re-open the Media Libary.
How to apply a “Featured image”
- Click on “Set featured image” located in the right column in the editor.
- Click on “QBank Connector” in the menu and select the image you want to upload by either double clicking on it or hovering over the “+”-sign and selecting “view”.
- Click on “use image” and wait at least 5 seconds.
- Click on “Media Library”. Your image should be visible there now.
- Select the image by clicking on it and click on “Set featured image” to insert it
You have now set your Featured image!