Create a folder
- Select the media/medias you want to create a folder for
- Click on the Add to folder icon
- Choose Create and then fill in the metadata
- Click on the Create & Add button
- Click on the down-arrow beside the folder icon (located to the left)
- Choose New folder
- Name the folder
- If you want to add metadata to the folder you right-click on it and then choose edit
- When you’re done, click on save or save & close
Note: To create a subfolder just right-click on a folder and then choose Create subfolder.
- Select the folder you want to delete
- Right-click on the folder
- Choose delete
- Click on confirm
Note: When deleting a folder your assets in it will not be deleted. They are still in the Library.
This action cannot be undone!
Add media to folder
The folder tree is virtual so an asset can be located in more folders than one. So when you “add” media to a folder you really make a virtual copy of it.
There are two ways you can add media to a folder:
- Drag-and-drop the media directly to the folder.
- Select the media you want to add and click on the add media to folder button. Choose the folder or subfolder where you want to add your media and then click add.
Remove media from folder
- Open a folder and select the media you want to remove
- Click on the remove from folder button
Set access to folder
- Right click on a folder and choose Edit folder
- Click on the Access tab
- Give different users or groups different kinds of access to the folder
- Click on the save or save & close button
Important note: Media that is visible for a user does not get hidden when you add it to a folder that the user has no access to. The only thing hidden is the folder in the folder structure.