Your files might have embedded metadata. If so, why not use the data mapping feature in your QBank, where you can map metadata directly to you QBank properties.
Example of embedded metadata:
- Photo date and time automatically added by a digital camera
- Geodata - latitude and longitude - exact location where the image was taken
- Keywords and image descriptions added by a photographer in Lightroom or Photoshop
- Information written to a file when it is created or saved in Adobe software and similar
- Name of a document author embedded in the file by MS Office
Administration tab / Data mapping / Embedded
This is where we map any existing metadata values to the QBank properties fields where we want to store them.
1. Click on Admin Tab
2. Click on Data Mapping / Embedded in QBank left column
3. Click on Add New
4. Name your Data Mapping set
5. Start mapping your data. In the left column you find the properties you want to map your metadata to
6. Adding variants might be necessary. Look at my example below. To add more than one, click on add New mapping button
7. Add the access groups (Admin, Editor)
8. Click create
Please contact us if you need any help with your data mapping setup.