The QBank DAM Drupal Module enables you to search and access assets stored in your QBankDAM and add them to Drupal Site in an easy and user-friendly way. QBank Module also reports usage of the assets used in the Drupal site.
The QBank DAM Drupal Module is available for Drupal 7.x, Drupal 8.x and Drupal 9.x (coming soon) CMS versions.
Drupal 8 Features
- CKEditor integration
- Media entity browser integration
- Service published that enable to develop your own needs
- Metadata mapping to enable mapping of data from Qbank to Drupal Fields.
Drupal 7 Features
- CKEditor integration
- Media browser integration
Setup & Installation
- In the Manage administrative menu of your Drupal Instance, navigate to Extend (admin/modules). The Extend page appears.
- Click Install new module. The Install new module page appears.
- In the field Install from a URL, paste the QBank Module link. This value could look like this (E.g for drupal 8 QBank module): https://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/qbank_dam-8.x-1.5.tar.gz OR you can download the Module and use the ‘Upload a module or theme archive to install’ option.
- Click Install to upload and unpack the new module on the server. The files are being downloaded to the modules directory.
- Click Enable newly added modules to return to the Extend page. If you used the manual uploading procedure mentioned earlier, then you can continue with this step, and reach the Extend page by using the Manage administrative menu and navigating to Extend (admin/modules).
- Locate the QBankDAM module and check it.
- Click Install to turn on the QBankDAM Module. Please note that the QBank module may have other dependencies depending on the version number that needs to be enabled as well. E.g Entity Browser and Media etc.
Setting up QBank DAM
The module will need some information like API URL, Client ID, username, password and a service URL to work. All settings are made in the Configurations of QBank DAM Module in Drupal.
The Service Username & Password, ClientID, Service URL, Deployment URL etc is provided by QBank.
- In the Manage administrative menu of your Drupal Instance, navigate to Configuration. The Configuration page appears.
- In the Media Section of the page, click on QBank DAM Config. It will open QBank DAM Configurations.
- Provide all the required information and Save Configuration.
Importing QBank Assets into your Drupal Site
QBank Module allows you to import QBank Assets into Drupal Site with Media Browser and CKEditor (Rich Text Editor) Integration.
Importing into RichText Editor.
- Choose QBank DAM format in the TextFormat Option. You will see a QBank icon at the top.
- Clicking on the icon will open QBank Media Picker.
- Double Click on the asset will open a detail view. here you could see all the metadata related to the asset.
- Click on Use Image to import the image into your Rich Text Editor.
Import Using Media Entity Browser.
- Click on Select Entities in the QBank Entity Reference Field to open the QBank Media Picker.
- Double Click on the asset detail view. Here you could see all the metadata related to the asset.
- Click on Use Image to import the image into your Drupal Content Page.
QBank Dam 8.x-1.1 Installation warning
If you have problems reaching nodeone/qbank3api-phpwrapper repository add this in your main composer.json
QBank Dam 8.x-1.2 (and later) Installation warning
If you have problems reaching QBNK/qbank3api-phpwrapper repository add this in your main composer.json