Below example of Image template setup address a very common scenario - - when your original image is larger then the required template size.
Imagine this: Your original image has the dimensions of 4290px × 2800 px (3:2) and your mission is to create a published images with following size: 600 × 600 (a square Image)
- Create your Image Template
- Configure the Resize Command with below
- Provide width and height as 600 × 600
- Enable Proportional Scaling by clicking Proportional checkbox YES
- Enable Overflow by clicking Overflow checkbox YES
The proportional resize image will be: 919 × 600
3. Enable the Crop Command on your template.
- Open up your image template and scroll down to Add Commend
- Choose and add Crop Crop Command
- Provide the width and height as 600 × 600
- Choose the Gravity (as center). The cropping will start from the center of the image
- (Choose ‘YES’ for ‘Use Crop Point’ if you want to override the cropping by manually choosing the Focus Point)
The cropped image will be: 600px × 600px with the content cropped
Note: If you don’t want to crop the content of the image, you can choose ‘Allow overflow = NO’ in the Resize Command. In that case, the content will not overflow and the image will be scaled proportionally.